Saturday, October 3, 2009

Waiting for the next step

We had a faculty meeting yesterday afternoon, so I wasn't able to go see the casting. It was a hard decision whether to ask the foundry to go ahead without me since I'm eager to see the finished product or ask them to wait in order to get some photos. In the end, I didn't want to disarrange their schedule since they had quite generously planned to cast yesterday for my convenience. I'll plan to get some pictures of the next sculpture after investment and as it's poured.

The next stage for Yma, after casting, will be reassembly, and chasing to get rid of seams etc. Then I'll have to choose what color the patina will be. In the meantime, I'm working on re-hydrating and finishing up "Brian" and "Zoey"  so that their molds can be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment